Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Some Sad Songs

Hide your love away - The Beatles
Ticket to ride - The Beatles
Song for Guy - Elton John
Atlantic City - Bruce Springsteen
Nothing Man - Bruce Springsteen
You’re Missing - Bruce Springsteen
Exit Music - Radiohead
No Distance Left to Run - Blur
You’re a big girl now - Bob Dylan
The Winner Takes It All - ABBA
Don’t believe a word - Thin Lizzy
Sail away with me - David Gray
Who wants to live forever - Queen
You were always on my mind - Elvis / Pet Shop Boys

I'd love to write about some of these songs, perhaps I'll do it at some stage in the next few months. I guess writing about your favourite songs can be really indulgent. But I will write this much: the Dylan song above contains the best pop lyric ingrained in my consciousness. If you don't know the song, check out the lyrics through a google search, listen to it somehow (it's on the album Blood on the Tracks), and remember, it is a sad song...!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey its your blog be as indulgent as you like. Re Dylan song, you have to say which lyric it is now... there are five verses!!

David Shedden said...

Time is a jet plane, it moves too fast...

Anonymous said...

Thats for sure. I often wonder what happened to the last 20 years or so!! In my head I'm still 21! Not sure if thats a good thing or not...I'll tell you when I'm 80...if you're still blogging...

Anonymous said...

Top three pop lyrics according to a poll of music industry professionals and musicians released 17 April:

"One life, with each other sisters, brothers". (U2 ”One”)

"So you go, and you stand on your own, and you leave on your own", (Smiths "How Soon is Now?")

"I feel stupid and contagious, here we are now, entertain us" (Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit”)

Think I like yours better...